Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tasting - "Vina Borga Borsao"

Name: Vina Borga Borsao
Variety: Grenache
Region: Campo de Borja
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95


Winery Review: "
86 Points – Robert Parker
Also made from 100% Grenache, the 2012 Vina Borgia was fermented and aged in stainless steel. Its medium dark ruby color is followed by abundant notes of strawberries and black cherries offered in a straightforward, medium-bodied, soft, hedonistic, round style. It is hard to believe a wine this good can sell for $7 a bottle. Enjoy it over the next 1-2 years."
The Vintage Cellar


My Review: Had a strong nose of dark berries, cherries, and a variety of other fruits.  A little bit of oak, but not overpowering, kind of like just being in the woods on a camping trip at night.  The taste was dark fruits and it was also very dry.  A little too dry for my taste, however, it was a solid bottle in my opinion.  I would not buy this for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment