Sunday, March 2, 2014

Tasting - "First Light Moscato"

NameFirst Light Moscato
Variety: Muscat
Region: Australia
Country: Australia
Year: N/A
Price: $15

Winery Notes: "Ripe lychee, tropical fruits and musk on the nose as you near the glass. Lovely grape and stone fruits and on the palate is highlighted with the subtle sweetness and spritz that makes this such a fun drink. Low in alcohol and nicely balanced acidity ensure you will want more than one glass of this easy drinking wine." 
-Vintage Cellar

My Review: This wine is slightly bubbly, which makes you really think about it in general. On the nose, there were hints of lychee fruit and peach, very subtle, yet well balanced. It reminded me of a handful of Asian candies that I used to try growing up, that exotic/unique fruit flavor, rather than standard fruits that are common here in America. The taste, obviously, was enhanced by the bubbles, and had kind of a soda-like feel to it. Again, hints of now Asain soda's came to mind, like a very popular Korean soft-drink called Milkis. This wine was very tasty, and had an interested feel due to the bubbles. I would definitely buy it again to share with my parents and other of my Korean friends to see if they also get the reminders of the hint of the Asian candies and drinks that I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment