Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tasting - "Meiomi Pinot Noir"

Name: Belle Glos Pinot Noir Meiomi 
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Sonoma County, California
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $19.99

Winery Notes: "This beautiful Pinot Noir produced by Caymus carries aromas of tobacco, dark red fruits and fresh berries. The rich cherry flavor is complemented by notes of cedar, raspberry and strawberry. Enjoy with turkey, salmon or beef dishes."
- Totalwine.com

My Review: On the nose, this wine stuck out with dark berry flavors, like dark cherries and blackberries.  It had a woody smell to it, which got me pretty excited cause I usually like that in wines.  The taste was a little less woody than i expected, but still solid.  It had tobacco and other outdoorsy smells, almost like being around a campfire, that taste you get in the back of your mouth when you're waiting for the fire to get big enough to cook dogs and s'mores.  The dark fruit flavors came in as you let the wine sit in your mouth, and finished off with a strong fruitiness that was nice.  This was probably the nicest/most expensive bottle of wine I've had a chance to try since starting this blog, and it was a very good one.  I don't know if I can say I'd purchase it myself, but a good bottle of wine with solid flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment