Saturday, March 8, 2014

Tasting - "Maipe Malbec"

Name: Maipe Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95

Winery Notes: "Deep purple color with violet tints, complex plum, fig, strawberry, spices and floral aromas; rounded and velvety tannins, excellent length with a distinguished character.  Excellent when paired with game, roasted red meats, pasta or pizza."
- The Vintage Cellar


My Review: YES. This was by far my favorite wine of the group this week.  Very nice and inviting dark fruit flavors in the nose; specifically dark cherries and raspberries.  The taste was that of any dark berries I've ever had in my life, almost like an explosion of wild and unique berry flavors in my mouth.  It resonated with a tartness factor, like that of sweet tarts, both sour and sweet, which was an interesting yet delicious finish to the wine itself.  Definitely a wine that I would recommend to both friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment