Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tasting - "Chateau Ste Michelle Chardonnay"

NameChateau Ste Michelle Chardonna
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Washington
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price$7.97

Winery Notes: "This well-crafted Chardonnay opens sharp and spicy, with light buy juicy fruit. Flavors of clean apple and pear run into hints of peach, then resolve with a creamy finish."
- Totalwine.com

My Review: On the nose, definitely got hints of pear and green apple, but not sour but more on the freshness side of things.  It was a very pleasant nose so got me more excited to try it.  The taste, however, was a little disappointing.  I didn't get as much "fresh" flavors as I had expected, but more along the lines of what I was used to in a cheaper bottle of wine.  There were still solid hints of pear and other nice subtle fruit flavors, but just not what I had hoped for.  Overall, not a bad bottle of wine and something that I wouldn't mind having again for under $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment