Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tasting - "Strongbow Original"

Name: Strongbow Original Cider
Variety: Hard Cider
Region: England
Country: England
Year: N/A
Price: $4.50 (on cruise)

Notes: "Strongbow is a blend of bittersweet cider and culinary apples, making it a well-balanced hard cider that’s anything but ordinary. At first sip, you’ll note a bold cider flavor from the fermented cider apples, followed by a distinct, fresh apple taste from the culinary apples. Naturally gluten free, Strongbow is served in bottles, cans and on tap. We recommend drinking it over ice for a crisp, refreshing taste that always hits the spot"
- Strongbowcider.com


My Review: Again, got to try this cider on my cruise this past week.  I didn't really know what to expect, except that I knew I just wasn't a big fan of ciders, but thought I'd give it a shot for this class.  The smell was less "cider-ish" than other ciders like Angry Orchard or Redd's, rather , I actually got hints of beer, which tricked me for a moment.  The taste, however, was straight hard cider, but with less of a sweetness than the others.  This was actually a cider that I liked, and enjoyed drinking it.  I don't know if I'd say I'd go ahead and order this again, or have it be a drink of choice, but definitely not a bad one for someone looking for a decent priced hard cider.

No comments:

Post a Comment