Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tasting - "Muirwood Chardonnay Arroyo Seco"

NameMuirwood Chardonnay Arroyo Seco
Variety: Chardonnay 
RegionMonterrey
Country: United States
Year: 2012
Price: $13.99 

Winery Notes: "Pleasant notes of toast, butter, and citrus; smooth and creamy with no hard edges to the flavors of butter, pear, and tropical fruits; this Chardonnay delivers a lot of value."
- Totalwine.com

My Review:  On the nose, got a lot of citrus and subtle fruit flavors.  It was more along the lines of an orange-flavored air-freshener, rather than smelling a freshly peeled orange.  The taste, however, was so awesome.  It reminded me of Kohr Bros orange/vanilla custard from Ocean City, and brought me back to my childhood.  It was great, and it finished with a very smooth and pleasant finish.  Definitely was not expecting that from this wine, but loved it and would buy it again, even at almost $14.  Great wine in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment